A Specialist Path Forward for SmileDirectClub Clients; Let us continue your smile journey. Book your free consultation
Braces treatment at Coombe Orthodontics
Here at Coombe Orthodontics we believe that straight teeth are an investment in your health as well as your looks, which is why traditional braces are still the go-to solution for many of our patients.
The risks of misaligned teeth
Misaligned or crooked teeth pose a health risk, making maintaining oral hygiene more difficult. This means a build-up of plaque; risking cavities and periodontal (gum) disease.
What’s more, your ability to chew your food properly can be impacted by many orthodontic problems like overbites and underbites. These orthodontic issues can also affect speech and diction.
The benefits of braces
Many of our patients are pleasantly surprised by the uplift in confidence that orthodontic treatment brings. They find themselves smiling more often and more broadly, impacting on their social interactions and confidence in their professional and family life.
the sophisticated solution
This revolutionary system of braces delivers truly customised results to our orthodontic patients. One of the most cutting-edge systems of braces available today, Insignia braces use individualised brackets and custom wires. Sophisticated software will scan your bite and create a precise plan for bracket placements and custom wire fitting.
Comfortable and efficient. Insignia uses a specialised, indirect bonding technique. Your custom-made brackets arrive at Coombe Orthodontics in pre-prepared trays, which we then place over your teeth. This fast technique, attaching 3-4 brackets at a time, delivers the precision needed for the most effective results. When the brackets are in place, we fit the custom archwire. These are milled and shaped for your comfort and efficiency.
5 advantages of Insignia braces
- Fast treatment - compared with other braces, Insignia gets results 25-35% faster
- Fewer necessary appointments, so less time in the treatment chair
- Your virtual 3D model of the final result is included in your treatment price
- Effective - sophisticated computer precision calculates optimal tooth movement
- Cutting-edge design means no manual placement of brackets - Insignia braces define exactly where your brackets should be
Ceramic brackets -
the superior aesthetic
Made of porcelain, these brackets are a great choice for adults and younger patients who want less obvious braces. Aesthetically superior to traditional metal braces, ceramic brackets closely match your tooth colour.
What are the benefits of ceramic brackets?
- Strong and resilient - porcelain is a strong material and rarely dislodges from teeth
- Stain resistant, they will always match the colour of your teeth
- Patients find them comfortable as ceramic braces don’t irritate gums
- Self-ligating, they adjust themselves, which means fewer, shorter appointments
Self-ligating braces are far superior to traditional braces, which use small elastics to attach the archwire to brackets. Self-ligating braces instead use a small clip, to help slowly guide the teeth into the desired position. Using less pressure than traditional braces, they are also more comfortable. Treatment using self-ligating braces is faster, with fewer, shorter appointments than traditional braces.
Why choose self-ligating braces?
- Faster than traditional braces, their design is more efficient
- Comfortable to wear - the pressure of self-ligating braces is gentle yet effective
- Stain-resistant, they won’t discolour during treatment
- Easy to keep clean - maintain your oral hygiene for healthier teeth
- Affordable - self-ligating braces require fewer, shorter appointments, making them a more cost-effective choice
Discover which of these treatment options will deliver you the best results: book a consultation with Dr Coombe at Coombe Orthodontics for tailored, expert advice.